Prev: Cold Wars and Historicon Next: Re: OT - Victoria Cross

Re: ... and [FT] Japanese Fleet

From: Inire <inire@y...>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 20:24:05 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: ... and [FT] Japanese Fleet

woah...did we just catch chatter from the IJSF
playtest??

I have a IJSF fleet of minis and would LOVE to have a
clue as to where they're going. As written (from the
PDF i had last year), i have some issues, but may just
be playing them wrong.

--- Doug Evans <devans@nebraska.edu> wrote:
> >I've only encountered one Japanese fleet writeup on
> the WWW
>
> Really? I thought I'd seen several; I'll try to have
> a dig, maybe in the
> list archives.
>
> >and it was based on the WWII japanese fleet.
>
> Fair's fair, the ships' names DO seem based more on
> the WWII fleet. Plenty
> of exceptions to note, of course. ;->=
>
> Ok, my first impression was 'what monsters'! But,
> I've Chicken-Little'd far
> too often for you to take that on face value.
>
> I was thinking, 'fear SML's and fighters much?' Must
> play as slow and tight
> as I.
>
> However, I got to looking over the FB, and realized
> there are similar
> fleets. My ESU's tend towards naked, but we're
> friends with the FSE, so
> what do we have to worry, right? ;->=
>
> You'd be surprised how cherished a modified
> Beijing/B can be.  And how
> wasted all those other fleets' PDS's can seem when
> facing an all gun or
> defensive-fighter-only ESU gang.
>
> >Note: Musashi BDN missing 2 screens from the SSD.
> TMF and NPV are correct
> >tho. I'll fix it over the weekend.
>
> So, Samurai, Musashi, Shogun, and Akagi are the only
> ones with screens, and
> Musashi with two, right?
>
> When you get to making the update, could you see
> about spliting the SSD's
> into two pages? I'm having trouble printing them out
> to see if I can get
> some playtests going. Space between the SSD's would
> be nice, but getting
> the images to printout in whole pieces is a higher
> priority for moi.
>
> Also, I'm having trouble with the .sxc and .sxd
> format files. I'm sure
> someone will tell me to download some software, but,
> assuming you have no
> objections to me looking at your campaign resources,
> do you have text and
> gif/jpeg/someimagefile files that I can use?
>
> Now, wait for comments from someone capable; I was
> just filling time so you
> didn't feel ignored. ;=>=
>
> The_Beast

Jeff "My dice hate me!" Fearnow
Gaming to keep War out of RealTime!

"'DESTROY THE WITNESSES!!. Chaffing aside, I have no answer: I Excrete
Sour Cream!" www.wigu.com, 29 Jan 2003

XT350/DOD#1890

AND don't forget: Serenity releases 30 September!

Make Yahoo! your home page
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Prev: Cold Wars and Historicon Next: Re: OT - Victoria Cross