Prev: Re: [SG2] House Rules for Fire Team Units Next: Re: [SG2] House Rules for Fire Team Units

Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/?

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 21:31:22 +0200
Subject: Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/?

On Mar 28, 2005 4:28 PM, Allan Goodall <agoodall@att.net> wrote:

> The one problem I have with your suggestion has to do with the vehicle
> rules in SG2. To do Traveller justice you would have to implement
> changes to SG2's vehicle system. I've made some progress in this area,
> and it's not an easy change.

SG2's vehicle system is tacked on as an afterthought.

It's a light infantry game designed by a former light infantryman.
Personally, I would be loath to include any vehicles other than
perhaps jeeps or simillar.

Look at the ranges.  If 1" = 10m, then your average 72" playing
surface is under the effective range of a GPMG.  Never mind tank guns.
 You want tank duels, play DS.

John
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [SG2] House Rules for Fire Team Units Next: Re: [SG2] House Rules for Fire Team Units