Prev: Re: More Stargrunt-SL (was Re: SG2tweaks) Next: Re: FireteamTweak.

Re: FireteamTweak.

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 09:13:01 -0500
Subject: Re: FireteamTweak.

The GZG Digest wrote on 4/7/2005 1:00 AM:

 > Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 16:22:02 +0100
 > From: Infojunky <infojunky@ceecom.net>
 >
 > That really is coming up against one of the things I have been
hitting,
 > How many command levels should there be on the board.

If you are using fire teams, you can play SG2 as a platoon game. This
means you'll have the platoon commander on the board, as well as the
squad commanders. You could even give one side an edge by giving them a
company commander, too.

Remember to make use of Jon's ruling about command levels:

"No squad may be activated in one turn more times than there are command

levels present on the table, where squad leaders = command level 1;
platoon leaders = command level 2; company commanders = command level 3,

and so on.

"Thus: if only squads are present on-table, no squad may activate more
than once (there is no-one to transfer actions); if a platoon command is

present then a squad may be activated twice (its own and one
re-activation), if company command is present a single squad may
activate up to three times (its own, platoon commander reactivation and
company commander reactivation of platoon commander, who reactivates the

squad), etc."

Jon wrote that for the Rules As Written. If we go with Chris'
(Laserlight) suggestion of having squad leaders Transfer actions, then
each fire team could be activated a maximum of twice per turn if there
was no platoon commander, three times per turn if there was a platoon
commander, and four times per turn if there was a company commander
present.

Allan

--

Allan Goodall	    http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@att.net    agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: More Stargrunt-SL (was Re: SG2tweaks) Next: Re: FireteamTweak.