Prev: RE: Traveller + SG2/DS2/? Next: Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/?

Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/?

From: Infojunky <infojunky@c...>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 06:57:10 +0000
Subject: Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/?

Thomas Barclay wrote:

> I see the mention of wooly K'Kree... the Lords of Thunder would not be
amused.

Are they ever?

> I note that some nice fellows over at BITS (British Islands Traveller
Something) have
> developed Power Projection: Fleet and Power Projection: Escort.
Apparently one or both of
> these are based around a modified Full Thrust engine.

Yes, haven't gotten either yet, but I suspect they work very well.

> That got me to thinking. Allan Goodall and I have both written
differing conversions of
> Traveller equipment into Stargrunt II terms.

Links?

> I have actually run convention events using
> Denizen Ventaurian figs as Zhodani and GZG UNSC Hardsuits as Imperial
Marines for SG2.

I wish Denizen did those in 15mm....

> Striker II and FF&S are nice products, but they're not the fastest
playing. Stargrunt II
> and Dirtside II are both fast playing games.

Yes. I concure.

> Hence, it has occured to me, I wonder what it would take to
cross-license a version of
> Stargrunt II or Dirtside II (or both) to do a Traveller ground combat
supplement/system in
> the same vein as PP:E/PP:F/Full Thrust did?

A 1000 buck or so and a License, and the will to do it.

> FMA could well be an alternative to BITS At Close Quarters (which
> clearly owes at least some inspiration to Azhanti High Lightning or
Snapshot).

I wouldn't know, haven't even seen a rough playtest draft of the FMA
rules. I want them.... (Published that is....)

> I am vaguely inpsired by some of the progress that Treadway & Co. have
made in translating
> Mr. Drake's Slammers universe into something gameable. It strikes me
that Traveller has a
> ground combat game, but to get much use out of it, you have to be a
real gearhead to build
> vehicles using the Striker construction rules. GZG has ... shall we
say... a relatively
> simpler construction system (lets just ballpark it at two orders of
magnitude easier).

Yes, the gearhead factor... as a rule I prefer GZG's simpler
construction mechanics. (I'd give that a at least 3 orders of my self.)

> So, I've run the idea up the flagpole to see if it salutes. I don't
know how many of you
> other GZG-ites (vaguely like Dead-ites from AoD...??? *grin*) are old
(or new) closet
> Traveller players, but I thought I'd take this straw poll.

Hum..... Yes I wonder how many Trav fans are hiding here.

--
Evyn

"Scientia Est Potentia"

http://ceecom.net

Prev: RE: Traveller + SG2/DS2/? Next: Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/?