Prev: Re: GZG ECC Painting Clinic Next: OT - Victoria Cross

Re: Fixing salvo missiles

From: Warbeads@a...
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:40:13 EST
Subject: Re: Fixing salvo missiles

In a message dated 3/21/05 8:30:49 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jlhilal@yahoo.com writes:

---  Warbeads@aol.com wrote:
>  Also, if you start making those 1D6	damage each SM's hit  more
> often (potentially 6 - 36 points --  bye-bye anything but a cruiser
> or larger), then to keep game balance  they need to 'cost more' else
> they become a  uber-weapon.

OTOH, why waste such damage on overkilling something small?  Also  makes
larger ships more wary in the manner of 1900's wet-navy TBs and  MTBs,
and an incentive to build  TBDs.

Uh, well, as an ex-USAF type I don't like or use the 'Naval'  model in
my
mind or games.	Seems like the AF has at least as much	potential to
control
space forces as the Navy of any nation or group.  Or  in the case of the
old Evil
Empire (real world, not miniatures) the  Army!

Gracias,

Glenn  "warbeads"

Prev: Re: GZG ECC Painting Clinic Next: OT - Victoria Cross