Prev: Re: Fixing salvo missiles Next: Re: Fixing salvo missiles

Re: Fixing salvo missiles

From: J L Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 08:34:49 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Fixing salvo missiles

--- Michael Llaneza <maserati@speakeasy.net> wrote:
> J L Hilal wrote:
>
> Actually, I've always assumed that the 1d6 (or 1d6-1 or whatever)
> effect
> wasn't because the missiles were stupid, but instead reflected the
> basic, innate point defense systems that didn't offer enough tactical

> flexibility to be an icon on the SSD. Every warship simply must have
> some sort of basic ECM and point defense, it's factored into the
> randomness in the game system. In fact, it's one of the best
> explanation
> for there being any randomness at the FT level of detail at all.

We have made similar assumptions for our Stealth and ECM rules by
placing the standard FT/FB rules as assuming level-2 systems free with
the FB ship design system for military ships, but then we give "Fleet
Book"-type ships the chance to *lose* those free level-2 systems to
threshold rolls.

Prev: Re: Fixing salvo missiles Next: Re: Fixing salvo missiles