Prev: Re: Fixing salvo missiles Next: RE: Fixing salvo missiles

Re: Fixing salvo missiles

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:51:58 -0500
Subject: Re: Fixing salvo missiles

J L Hilal wrote:
[...]
> > However, I suppose I assume the SM's initially disperse randomly for
> > whatever PSB is necessary, and, as dispersed, would be more random
as
> > to aquiring targets. Unfortunately, target's speed, manuvering, et
> > al., probably should be considered, but would make figuring final
> roll
> > tortuous.
> >
> > PSB in this case might be, however you may be speeding and twisting
> > along, some missle is pointed in your general direction.
> >

> However, while this explains the "1d6 lock on", the logical extension
> is that the missiles that don't lock on to the nearest target should
> get to roll for other viable targets.  <shrug>

PSB, I believe, is the inate ECM that is below the abstracted level of
the game that throws off or decoys the missiles that miss. I think
someone
mentioned earlier in this thread similar, that and/or the missiles were
taken out with a point-defense suite too small to be reflected or
tracked
in the abstracted level of FT. I personally don't go for the latter, but
I can easily subscribe to the former. And then when the "real" ECM rules
get hammered out properly, those would be the "larger" ECM generators
(or
whatnot) that can be tracked at the resolution of FT.

My two bits worth,
Mk

Prev: Re: Fixing salvo missiles Next: RE: Fixing salvo missiles