Prev: RE: Fixing salvo missiles Next: RE: Fixing salvo missiles

RE: Fixing salvo missiles

From: J L Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:25:47 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: Fixing salvo missiles

--- "laserlight@quixnet.net" <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:
> >The "# of missiles lock-on roll" is my biggest gripe.
>
> Why?	I mean, you've shown a solution but you haven't shown a
> problem.

[See reply to Beth Fulton's post]

> >Salvo Missile Racks are really underutilized.
>
> <grin> Allahu akhbar!  Underutilized by whom?

Jon T. and the Official GZG-verse fleets (as Dean G. has stated that
Jon T. designed all the FB1 fleets).

There is only 1 FB ship that has any SMRs, and it is a variant
described in text only, no SSD.  There are no SM-armed MTB/PT/PCG
designs at all.

Since 2 SMRs = 8 MASS, and 1 SML + 2-salvo SMM = 7 MASS, all of the
ships with small SM loads in FB1 use a SML rather than SMRs.  This
suggested change would make SMRs lighter up to 2 salvos and a tie at 3
salvos.

> >Idea #5) change SM magazine to 3 MASS for 1st salvo, +2 MASS for
> second
> salvo, +1 MASS per additional salvo, and 6 PV per salvo.
>
> Yeah, *that* would result in SMRs being underutilized.

1 SML + 1 Salvo = 6 MASS vs 1 SMR = 4 MASS (or 3 if also adopt my other
suggestion above)
1 SML + 2 Salvoes = 8 MASS vs 2 SMR = 8 MASS (or 6)
1 SML + 3 Salvoes = 9 MASS (same as RAW) vs 3 SMR = 12 MASS (or 9)
the 3-salvo SMM is common in FB1 SM ships

Prev: RE: Fixing salvo missiles Next: RE: Fixing salvo missiles