Prev: Re: Alan missed what I was getting at Next: Re: Fighter bases

Re: War of the Worlds -- Martian Technology

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 20:47:08 +0000
Subject: Re: War of the Worlds -- Martian Technology

>>Don't remember any airships in the book, but what can you do?
>
>Yes, Virginia, there *are* flying machines. Or at least, one....

[snip]

You shame me.  And frighten me.

The Tripod movement style is particularly interesting.	I'm not entirely

certain how they could film that accurately and not have it look goofy,
though.  But it sounds like the Major General's source	did a pretty
good
job with the legs, at least:

http://zeitcom.com/majgen/70wow.html

...if not in other particulars.

As to the other bits...were I more ambitious, I'd want to start trying
scratchbuild some of these things.  Sadly, the ambitious side of me has
lost
out to the more realistic side, which realizes that I really don't have
time
or space for ANOTHER project that I'll never quite get around to
finishing....

Prev: Re: Alan missed what I was getting at Next: Re: Fighter bases