Prev: Re: Salvo Missile Question Next: Re: Salvo Missile Question

Re: Salvo Missile Question

From: "Sylvester M. W." <xveers@g...>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 15:20:41 -0800
Subject: Re: Salvo Missile Question

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 08:22:34 -0500, laserlight@quixnet.net
<laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:
> >Once salvo missiles are launched, they lock onto the nearest target.
> >Does that mean they lock onto the nearest target, -period- or the
> >nearest -hostile- target.
>
> RBW: >FB1 p9 para1 "if at the END of movement there is an enemy ship
within
> 6" of the marker (in any direction) then the missiles will attack it;
> if there is more than one potential enemy target within 6", then the
> salvo will go for the CLOSER of them."
>
> Of course, the definition of "enemy" has been known to change in the
course
> of a battle...

Thanks guys~ I didn't think they were such indiscriminate weapons in
the first place, but I just wanted to make sure. As for the definition
of "enemy" well... that's a matter for GHQ to decide :p

"Push The Button Frank"
Dr. Clayton Forrester, Deep 13

Prev: Re: Salvo Missile Question Next: Re: Salvo Missile Question