Prev: Re: Salvo Missile Question Next: OT: still seeing spam

Re: War of the Worlds

From: Warbeads@a...
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 06:45:17 EST
Subject: Re: War of the Worlds

In a message dated 3/4/05 12:30:48 AM Pacific Standard Time,
coldnovemberrain_2000@yahoo.com writes:

I  haven't read in a while, but I remember the old films, (hmm...  movie
night...must make note of that...) was there something	that
specifically said the walkers didn't have joints? cause even without  a
wheel, a 'ball' joint would work.....

--- John K Lerchey  <lerchey@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> they can miss things like  "The martians had never invented the wheel"
> and
> thus, their  walkers did not have joints in the legs.  Grumble
>  grumble.

<snip>

It was a 'joint' of "sliding  plates" IIRC. Reread it this year in an
old
library copy of 'all' (?) the 'major  works' by the author.

Gracias,

Glenn  "warbeads"

Prev: Re: Salvo Missile Question Next: OT: still seeing spam