Prev: Re: Ground Zero Games Convention/Interesting game construct Next: Re: Ground Zero Games Convention/Interesting game construct

Re: Ground Zero Games Convention/Interesting game construct

From: damosan@c...
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 19:33:56 +0000
Subject: Re: Ground Zero Games Convention/Interesting game construct

> If you make it affect the forces, then you have to alter the victory
> conditions, which in turn calls for a lot of playtesting.

Alter the victory conditions?  I don't see that applying to every
scenario in the book.  I can see altering victory conditions for certain
types of games.  Say a rearguard action where holding the enemy for one
more turn is important.

But for certain classical military actions I don't see any point in
altering victory conditions.  Very few engagements started with equal
forces so I see no reason to enforce that on the table either through
force composition or artificial victory conditions.

What's more important at a Con (especially at ECC)?  Having equal forces
or fighting a good game?

--
Damo