Prev: Re: Ground Zero Games Convention/Interesting game construct Next: Re: Ground Zero Games Convention/Interesting game construct

Re: Ground Zero Games Convention/Interesting game construct

From: Tony Francis <tony@b...>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 15:56:02 +0000
Subject: Re: Ground Zero Games Convention/Interesting game construct

Instead of driving the DS2 forces directly from the FT scenario (ie you
get as many tanks / infantry as you can get past the defending
spaceships) just make the result of the FT game modify the DS2 game a
little bit - something along the lines of "attacking forces win major FT

victory - attacker gets 10% more forces in DS2 game; attackers win minor

victory - 5% more forces; FT draw - played as per scenario" etc. This
way the GM can keep the forces under reasonable control, but the players

still have a good reason to try to win each successive scenario.

Tony (uncloaking after some time)

John Atkinson wrote:

>On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 15:07:02 +0000, damosan@comcast.net
><damosan@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>>>I've always wanted to run a series of games...
>>>

>>I always thought that this would be an interesting thing to do.  The
outcome of one game would affect the next, etc.  My buddy Jerry and I
have talked about doing such a thing in the past.