Prev: Re: [semi-OT] NYT article on War(hammer)gaming Next: [ECC Rules] Full Sail.

Re: [semi-OT] NYT article on War(hammer)gaming

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:21:21 -0600
Subject: Re: [semi-OT] NYT article on War(hammer)gaming

>(And I was joking Glenn, hence the winking smiley in my original
message -
>though it is amusing to watch the usual hair-trigger whinging on the
list
>whenever anyone mentions GW...)

Fair's fair, the hair-trigger was more in the joke you made; I was
patiently waiting for the real whinging to begin, and which failed to
happen.

I thought somebody would bring up the idea, implied in the article, and
boldly stated in GW promotions, that Warhammer is a 'hobby'. All I could
think of was how I wished the article's author would run into some
microarmour fanatics back at NYT headquarters... ;->=

On the other, other hand, did anyone get the feeling that all the talk
about 'fantasy' may have missed the point, and the games were mostly
40K?
Certainly the case in my neck-of-the-woods. *shrug*

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [semi-OT] NYT article on War(hammer)gaming Next: [ECC Rules] Full Sail.