Prev: RE: [OT] Opera Next: Re: [OT]Opera

Re: [OT]Opera

From: BeDogs Full Thrust Pages <full.thrust@b...>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 07:37:28 +0100
Subject: Re: [OT]Opera

Hi,

I just have to intervene here...

Opera is in no way the fastest browser... Speed in a browser is entirely

dependent on a number of factors, ie your inet speed, inet hops, server
configuration, how the webpage is built and so forth...
My point is that even Ie can be that fastest some times (although that's

a rare site).

As for Firefox keeping reloading for you, you MUST'VE done some weird
configuration...

Don't get me wrong, Opera is a nice browser, I would probably be using
it if it hadn't been for those darn ads...

Oh, and one more thing... Firefox is the ONLY browser that support w3c
standards 100%...

Thomas
BeDogs Full Thrust Pages
full.thrust@bedog.net
http://www.bedog.net/ft/

Alan and Carmel Brain wrote:
> Allan Goodall wrote:
>
>> I downloaded Opera, but I haven't done much with it. Opera displays
>> ads, and since I have low bandwidth at home it's a non-starter for
me.

> The reason I switched back to Opera after using Firefox was because
the
> bandwidth was so much *less* with Opera. If I can figure out a way of
> stopping Firefox from re-trying and refreshing so often, I may switch
back.

> But it was (literally) doubling my data downloaded, and costing me $$$

> in extra bandwidth.
>
> Pros/Cons:
> IE : Some sites require IE, eg MSNBC, MS update to patch windows, so
IE
> is compulsory. I never use it for anything else though, it's insecure
crap.

> Firefox: Doesn't handle some backgrounds well, rendering them as
black.
> Bummer if the text is also black. Periodic crashes when memory gets
> tight. Eats bandwidth due to refreshing. Otherwise the best behaved of

> all browsers, I use it whenever filling out forms (as in many logins).
>
> Opera: Doesn't handle some CSS very nicely, but worse, doesn't handle
> some GET form data in ways that MS server side can understand.
Periodic