Prev: Re: [FT] Shhhh! In-game secrets... Next: [OT] The_Beast announces two new runouts...

Re: [FT] Shhhh! In-game secrets...

From: "Sylvester M. W." <xveers@g...>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 10:15:14 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Shhhh! In-game secrets...

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 18:52:04 +0100, Oerjan Ohlson
<oerjan.ohlson@telia.com> wrote:
> Indy wrote:
>
> > >I thought there was something about torpedo fighters being
generally banned
> > >from the Tuffleyverse canon by Jon T. himself, but I haven't been
able to
> > >find anything about that in the archives... am I mistaken
completely?

> >I don't remember this, but my memory isn't always infalli...er, what
> >were we talking about again?
>
> AFAIK the only systems that Jon has banned from the Tuffleyverse canon
are
> Cloaking systems and Reflex fields, and I'm not at all sure that he'll
> stick to the banning of Cloaking systems in the future :-/
>
> Oerjan
> oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

I've goosed with the cloaking systems rules for a couple of fights,
mainly featuring the Venusians from Jovian Chronicles (they actually
do deploy that kind of system) and they are funky. You might want to
take a look at the mechanics though, they have this wonderful spot
where the ship that's cloaked can flub up on it's cloaking gear and
make himself visible (but not actually realizing so).

The reflex field.... I can agree with that one <grin>

--
"Push The Button Frank"

Prev: Re: [FT] Shhhh! In-game secrets... Next: [OT] The_Beast announces two new runouts...