Prev: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms Next: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms

Re: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms

From: Warbeads@a...
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 23:46:16 EST
Subject: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms

In a message dated 2/6/05 10:48:34 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Popeyesays@aol.com writes:

In a message dated 2/6/2005 12:39:28 PM Central Standard Time,
johnmatkinson@gmail.com writes:

> All due respect, I think a  UK or EU (Spain) carrier task force
against a
> true CV task force  would be risky.  The nearest likely non-American
CV task
> force  would be what, Brazil?

India, actually.

India also uses VTOL carriers rather than conventional carriers. There
is
some doubt the Indian carriers would be much use  operationally.

Yes but I think India might have a 50-50 chance of getting an
operational
'true' carrier before the PRC.	But the Navy would have to sink  a ton
of their
resources into it to achieve that.  And I think they aren't  really all
that
interested in a CVN/CVA.

Gracias,

Glenn  "warbeads"

Prev: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms Next: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms