Prev: Re: UNSC ships Next: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms

Re: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms

From: Warbeads@a...
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 08:34:15 EST
Subject: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms

In a message dated 2/6/05 12:37:06 AM Pacific Standard Time,
johnmatkinson@gmail.com writes:

On Sun,  6 Feb 2005 11:03:05 +1100,  Beth.Fulton@csiro.au
<Beth.Fulton@csiro.au>	wrote:
<snip>

> The Pacific, where I don't think there are  any M1s and heavy tanks in
> general are going to be a joy on coral  islands ;)

Which coral islands was Australia planning on duking it out  on?  And
with
whom?

<snip>

Tanks on Coral Islands a re a lot  like Tanks in Vietnam - depends on
operating leadership There was this book by a  guy named (Zumbro?) that
said it was a
stereotyped based decision not to employ  more armor in Vietnam and told
his
experiences in 'Jungle Busting' and varied  operations in Vietnam.

Real Life scenarios:

Indonesia on * Australian Soil	(okay anything with a * is not a coral
island
scenario) should  Indonesia be so bold/foolish/come under fanatical
fundamental leadership.   Peace keeping gone awry in * Papua or some
smaller island
nation (smaller ones  might be extraction of besieged/pinned troops
scenario).  *
Malaysia  breaks up (possible but not currently probable) and Australia
is
part of  multinational intervention force.  Or * Indonsia/Malaysia
annexes
Singapore.

I don't think Australia has sent  armor to any of the island nations she
has
assisted in the recent two decades --  usually police are sufficient...

Tuffleyverse: IC (there's a theme  here. Grin.)  Free Hawaii? <grin> OU
would
operate off planet Earth  mostly.

Gracias,

Glenn  "warbeads"

Prev: Re: UNSC ships Next: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms