Prev: RE: [VV] Organics and other flavoring Next: Re: [OT]Wither Canada?

Re: Current vehicle production/use (was [VV] Vectorverse)

From: Alan and Carmel Brain <aebrain@w...>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 12:49:57 +1100
Subject: Re: Current vehicle production/use (was [VV] Vectorverse)

Brian Burger wrote:

> Actually, LAVs are built in southern Ontario! The US imports their
LAVs
> from us, not t'other way round... (OK, the chassis/hull is built here,
> don't know about the fitting out/weapons/etc)
>
> It's the great lie about "peaceful little Canada" again - we're
actually
> an arms-exporter on a reasonable scale. (Not on the scale of the US,
but
> then who else is?)

Not merely that, but the ASLAVs in Australian service are designed by
General Dynamics Canada. They differ in a number of significant details
from the USMC variety. They've also picked up a great reputation for
them protecting their crews - we had 2 LARGE bombs go off nearby in
Iraq, and although the crews were injured, none have been permanently
damaged (though the ASLAVs in question will never be the same).

--
Alan & Carmel Brain
http://aebrain.blogspot.com

Prev: RE: [VV] Organics and other flavoring Next: Re: [OT]Wither Canada?