Prev: 15mm Hammers pics? Next: Re: Game balance (no longer really very VV-related)

Re: [VV] Gate defence

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 21:47:23 +0100
Subject: Re: [VV] Gate defence

Nyrath wrote:

>>It is also noteworthy that Weber (who created most of the StarFire
game
>>background) decided to add a non-WP FTL concept when he created his
next
>>space opera series, ie. the Harrington books :-/
>
>I could be wrong, but I got the distinct impression
>that the Warshawski sail et. al. was designed to make
>interstellar combat that resembled something out of
>a Horatio Hornblower novel.  That is, the Age of Sail
>in three dimensions.

Basically correct, though you've mixed the two HHverse drive
configurations
up. The normal wedges (used primarily in normal-space) are the ones
which
protect the broadsides and leave bow and stern unprotected; the
Warshawski
sails (used only for FTL travel inside hyperspace grav waves, including
"warp points") are the other way around - they protect the bow and
stern,
and leave the broadsides vulnerable instead :-/

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: 15mm Hammers pics? Next: Re: Game balance (no longer really very VV-related)