Prev: re: [VV] Vectorverse -- Ok so far? Next: Re: [VV] Vectorverse -- Ok so far?

re: [VV] Vectorverse -- Ok so far?

From: Rrok Anroll <coldnovemberrain_2000@y...>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 21:13:01 -0800 (PST)
Subject: re: [VV] Vectorverse -- Ok so far?

Well... as far as organic tech goes.. if the idea is just to have
access to the minis, but use the standard human rules, as is
indicated.. then it's really moot... Since the rules used are the same,
simply agree that the expenditure of resources are the same as well...
that boils it all down to being a case of those who do and those who
don't are decided by theological/idealogical differences or because of
resource availability... ie.. some view the use of organics as
unholy/sacriligeous, or they could be unerved by it, or they could just
simply prefer cold hard steel... could be the source of some great
tensions and reasons for battle between nations... As well, a mineral
rich world with few agricultural resources for it's own population
probably would want to use those resources to 'grow' starships when
it's much, much easier to 'build' them... where as a heavy agro-world
with few mineral resources would be just the reverse..

Personally, I'm kinda liking the idea... treat it as I mention above,
and it's just another flavor for the game....

> --- "laserlight@quixnet.net" <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:
>
> > >Q What about organic or exotic tech by PSB only? Systems are
> > identical in
> > function (a beam is a beam, and drive is a standard drive), but the
>
> > tech base is grown instead of constructed.
> >
> > I don't mind using some Phalon mechanic and perhaps maybe possibly
> > some SV
> > rules, but I'd rather not PSB them as organic systems unless
> someone
> > comes
> > up with a really, really convincing explanation as to why some
> humans
> > would
> > have it and the rest wouldn't.

=====
Remember, even light is shaped by the darkness that surrounds it, and
the true crafters are seldom ever seen. Welcome to the shadows kid.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Prev: re: [VV] Vectorverse -- Ok so far? Next: Re: [VV] Vectorverse -- Ok so far?