Prev: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL - The Gripping Hand Next: Re: [VV] Gate defence

Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL

From: Rrok Anroll <coldnovemberrain_2000@y...>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:01:34 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL

Well I'm just going to say this much... one of the problems with that
Grant, and part of the reason why the Gate defense conversation got so
far out of hand... was that it was a discussion on tactical ideaology.
Something that shouldn't have occured... I'm not saying that it's bad
to discuss tactics, or ideaologies, just that it's something we need to
avoid for this project. I think to some degree we may all be losing the
big picture a little bit. I also think AJ is doing a great job of
trying to keep us all on track, although I personally think even his
efforts put us a little bit a head of track.

I would like to suggest this much for right now:

1. Lets just get a collection of nation ideas out first... let's not
worry about the dynamics of FTL, or how these nations came into being,
or how many star systems lie in their grasp, or even their relative
tech level, and what new rules we're going to need... Yes, I do
understand that all of these things are important and influence the
development of cultures... but for crying out loud people, let's avoid
getting too smart for our own good... again...

--- "Grant A. Ladue" <ladue@cse.Buffalo.EDU> wrote:

>    Heh, I think I was trying to argue that since powerful fixed
> defenses are
>  neutralizable by prepared assaults, so don't put them into the game!
>  If the
>  ftl travel is via wormhole/gate then I'd prefer the battles to be
> mobile
>  fleet vs mobile fleet after they've transitted the gate/wormhole.
> Perhaps a
>  small quantity of fixed defenses as a "tripwire", but rationalize
> away the
>  more extensive defensive structures as being to costly for the gain.
>  Dat's
>  all.
>

>    grant

=====
Remember, even light is shaped by the darkness that surrounds it, and
the true crafters are seldom ever seen. Welcome to the shadows kid.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Prev: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL - The Gripping Hand Next: Re: [VV] Gate defence