Prev: RE: [VV] Vectorverse FTL - clash ofcultures Next: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL

Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL

From: "Grant A. Ladue" <ladue@c...>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 09:25:33 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL

> Hi folks,
>
> Interesting discussion so far.  I've followed the jump-gate-assault
part of
> the thread quite closely, and it has got me thinking about the kind of
game
> I'd want to play.
>
> Personally, I have zero interest in a game that has off-table-launched
> massive missile strikes aiming at billion-tonne fortresses though a
jump
> gate.  Dull, dull, dull.  You fire a hundred missiles through the
gate, now
> I fire a hundred missiles back, I roll a hundred dice, ok, now you
roll a
> hundred dice...  Bleh.
>
> So, what kind of game do people want to play?  We can work backwards
from
> that to decide on how FTL will work, and that will drive the PSB.

   Heh, I think I was trying to argue that since powerful fixed defenses
are
 neutralizable by prepared assaults, so don't put them into the game!
If the
 ftl travel is via wormhole/gate then I'd prefer the battles to be
mobile
 fleet vs mobile fleet after they've transitted the gate/wormhole.
Perhaps a
 small quantity of fixed defenses as a "tripwire", but rationalize away
the
 more extensive defensive structures as being to costly for the gain.
Dat's
 all.

   grant

Prev: RE: [VV] Vectorverse FTL - clash ofcultures Next: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL