Prev: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL Next: Re: [CON] ECC VIII

Re: questions on BETA fighter rules

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:39:54 +0000
Subject: Re: questions on BETA fighter rules

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 05:30:42PM -0600, Mark & Staci Drake wrote:
>Questions on firing weapons vs fighters:
>
>If a B1 fires at a fighter unit does it have a choice to fire either in
AS
>or PD mode?

Yes; it may fire in either mode at the firing player's discretion. FCS
requirements, effects of fighter group evasive manoeuvres, and damage
may vary. (I don't have the rules to hand; I'm typing this on a VT220,
not known for its windowing capability.)

>Since I have been playing FT solo only,and after re-reading the rules
>again,my understanding of the ships firing procedure is after one ship
>finishes firing and damage is applied immediately,then if a target ship

>suffers damage greater than hull boxes,it is also destroyed
>immediately,correct? (Meaning it does not get a chance to fire
back,right?

Correct. Damage is applied at the end of each ship's firing. This is why
choosing the order of fire is tactically very important.

>Just want to make sure I am interpreting the rules correctly;that is
the
>only down side of playing solo.But my solo game has been a blast so
far!

Are you aware of FTJava, Full Thrust by email?

Roger

Prev: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL Next: Re: [CON] ECC VIII