Prev: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL Next: RE: [VV] Vectorverse FTL

Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:24:31 -0500
Subject: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL

At 5:26 PM +0000 1/31/05, Roger Burton West wrote:

>I suspect that anyone considering this sort of universe should rather
>the Weber/White Starfire novels (or possibly play the games - I
>haven't) to get some idea of the tactical sophistication that is
>possible even in this sort of setup.

Yes, but it still requires a severe attention to detail in order to
either force the crossing or to take the fortifications (or reduce
them). Even in FT, when you can take out the need for FTL and drives,
you can make a bloody huge station on the cheap with far more
weapons, armor and screens.

-		  Data Center Operations Group		      -
-		http://web.turner.com/data_center/	       -
- Ryan Montieth Gill		       One CNN Center SE0813 E -
- Hours 11am - 7pm Mon - Fri	    (8Sdc, 10Sdc IT@3Ndc)      -
- Cellular: 404-545-6205	     e-mail: Ryan.Gill@cnn.com -
- Office: 404-588-6191					       -
-	      Emergency Power-off != Door release!	       -

Prev: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL Next: RE: [VV] Vectorverse FTL