Prev: Re: Platoon Ldr and Sgt in SG2 Next: Re: BSG 2003 (Long)

Re: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets

From: J L Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:58:07 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets

--- "laserlight@quixnet.net" <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:

> >hits, it will probably kill the target, but it has no chance of
> >getting several squad members and it will either hit or miss, no
> >suppressions without casualties.
>
> I might disagree with that--a near miss could still suppress without
> damaging.  I know if I stuck my head up and a RPG whizzed a few
> inches overhead, it would make me rethink my plans.

I would not classify a RPG as a SG2 GMS of any size (since GMS is
Guided), and SG2 already has rules for firing Infantry Rockets (the
RPGs are reloadable Infantry Rockets) at dispersed targets.

>  In a more extreme
> case, I knew someone who was hit by a 88mm PAK round and only
suffered
> a cracked rib (I gather the round had shed a lot of energy before it
> got to him....).

I'd bet at lot of money that that incident was NOT at the ranges
represented on a SG2 game table (720m on a 6' table).

Prev: Re: Platoon Ldr and Sgt in SG2 Next: Re: BSG 2003 (Long)