Prev: Re: [OT] My personal life, was Re: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets Next: Re: [OT] My personal life, was Re: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets

RE: [VV] FTL technologies

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:09:33 +1100
Subject: RE: [VV] FTL technologies

FTL
Tier 1: 10 LY Instantaneous Space Fold (10% Mass)
Tier 2: 100 LY Artificial Wormhole Gate (5% Mass + gate)
Tier 3: 1000 LY Natural Wormhole (0% Mass)

Tier 1 is the most flexible; as long as you're outside the gravity well,
you
can go where you like in range.  It will just take a while between
jumps.
Tier 2 is a good trade-off.  You can set up your gates and get bulk
cargo
between systems without it's own service industry.
Tier 3 is the holy grail of travel; effectively unlimited travel, but no
control over where the link is.

3 levels of network and population centres: Wormhole network linked to
the
Gate network (likely travel would be
Start-wormhole-gate-gate-gate-wormhole-gate-destination).  Systems
without
their own gate would be either backwaters with limited resources, or
military fortresses that you don't want civilians to be near.

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies

IMPORTANT
1. Before opening any attachments, please check for viruses.
2. This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential
information
   for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
   please contact the sender and delete all copies of this email.
3. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and are
not
   a statement of Australian Government Policy unless otherwise stated.
4. Electronic addresses published in this email are not conspicuous
publications
   and DVA does not consent to the receipt of commercial electronic
messages.
emails

   of this type from DVA.
6. Finally, please do not remove this notice.