Prev: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets Next: Re: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets

Re: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:24:40 +0100
Subject: Re: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets

Richard Kirke wrote:

>Just a quick question from Sunday's game. My opponent had a very small
but
>heavily armed SF section that wished to fire his GMS/P at an infantry
>section in hard cover. I allowed it, giving the thing FP D10 and Impact
D8
>(the same as a heavy weapon fired at a dispersed target). What do you
think?

If it was an anti-vehicle GMS/P only, it'd be OK if the hard cover in
question was a bunker or some similar very restricted space. If the
target
were in some other type of hard cover that allowed more dispersion, the
Impact might be OK but the FP is way too high - in real-world terms if
there's a soldier directly in front of the warhead when it goes off he
would (probably) buy it, but that's about it.

If OTOH it was some kind of dual-purpose GMS/P which could be set to
detonate at a given range, eg. a meter or two over the heads of the
in-cover targets, then your ratings would make sense.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets Next: Re: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets