Prev: RE: BSG 2003 was Re: The NAC Navy Hymn Next: Platoon Ldr and Sgt in SG2

Re: BSG 2003 was Re: The NAC Navy Hymn

From: "Grant A. Ladue" <ladue@c...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:32:12 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: BSG 2003 was Re: The NAC Navy Hymn

> My take is that the Galactica seems... weak.	In the original series
> (iirc), a single battelstar could take on 1 or 2 cylon base stars and
hold
> it's own, or win.  In the new series, it seems they're either badly
> outnumbered, or badly outclassed (my gut reaction was the latter), and

> they run and run and run some more, and don't ever really seem to
engage
> or fight their way free.
>
> There are plenty of things to like about the show, but I'm not
convinced
> that it will fulfill my desire to see some kick ass dogfights and
watch
> some cylon base stars get obliterated.

   Of course, they consistently ran away in the original series as well,
until
 the Pegasus appeared.	It's also good to note that to date, there are
always
 multiple base stars appearing when the Cylons jump in, and they seem to
be
 taking supplies and munitions reasonably seriously in the new show.  It

 doesn't do the Galactica any good to wax a couple of base stars and end
up
 unable to effectively fight any further.  It's entirely possible that
the
 Galatica itself is more powerful than one (perhaps even two) basestars,
but
 that the situation to demonstrate that hasn't arrived.  I fully expect
to see
 some major action down the line, and I'd be willing to bet that it's
being
 saved for a "end of the season" show/shows.  It's also a fair bet that
 sometime during this season that we'll see them find a way to get an
 advantage on the Cylons in combat.  It's really their only chance to
survive.

   The real questions is, will they do something like the Pegasus in
this show?
 ie. Will another, more advanced, battlestar appear (probably battled
damaged
 and also being chased) like they did in the original?

   grant

Prev: RE: BSG 2003 was Re: The NAC Navy Hymn Next: Platoon Ldr and Sgt in SG2