Prev: Re: FT-Banzi ships Next: Re: (FT)Canna get the archives to divulge this...

Re: (FT)Canna get the archives to divulge this...

From: Tom Westbrook <tom_westbrook@y...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:29:09 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: (FT)Canna get the archives to divulge this...

--- Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com> wrote
> No. The reduction of the missiles' target
> acquisition range prevents the
> *missiles* from getting a very good deal in Vector.

MT missles DO NOT have the OPTIONAL, as I read it,
reduced acquision range and are harder to knock down.

> The ships' manoevering envelope is much smaller in
> Vector than it is in Cinematic,

I thought the OPTIONAL reduction more for the more
predictable trajectory, or so - A moot point right
now.
Though I read somewhere, don't recall off-hand, that
the Kravak Gravatic engines

> missiles a much higher hit
> probability in Vector than it does in Cinematic.

The actual probability of SM hitting a ship with a PDS
is about zero percent on average (I did the analysis),
reardless of movement type.  A point for a later
discussion as I am currently bloodying (now that I
have time) Laser's HM test rules.

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

Prev: Re: FT-Banzi ships Next: Re: (FT)Canna get the archives to divulge this...