Prev: Re: [FH] Breaking News - Dogfights Galore Next: RE: [FH] Breaking News - Dogfights Galore

Re: [FH] Breaking News - Dogfights Galore

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:07:21 +0000
Subject: Re: [FH] Breaking News - Dogfights Galore

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 03:01:01PM -0500, laserlight@quixnet.net wrote:
>>From: Nicholas Caldwell
>>You know, I read some interesting articles about the pace of the air
war
>>in Iraq where it sounded like the only time the pilots had to rest on
some
>>days was when their planes were being refuelled.  What happens when
even
>>that time is cut to near zero by technology like this?
>You'll have one pilot driving a flight from launch until it crosses the
>"hot line", when the rest of the pilots will come in and take over
their
>individual craft.

Even then, they might well be dropping out of another "live" situation
directly into the new one. Both the Soviets and (more recently) the US
Army have shown their willingness to overlook major amphetamine abuse
by pilots who wanted to prove they were up to any schedule that could
be thrown at them...

Prev: Re: [FH] Breaking News - Dogfights Galore Next: RE: [FH] Breaking News - Dogfights Galore