Prev: [LST] Whoops RE: NAC - American style [LONG] Next: Re: [OT]Programming Language Nomenclature

Re: NAC - American style [LONG]

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 08:43:13 -0500
Subject: Re: NAC - American style [LONG]

>New thought: -- maybe Jon's timeline is more interesting (to players)
than Jon expected.  Might explain why most player histories are
variations of it.  (Not that there is anything wrong with that.)

I think it's more that the GZGverse is widely known among the players
and
people would rather have something familiar, in part because more people
are going to be interested.  I pay attention to the the NAC, NSL etc
because I know I'll have opponents who use them; I don't pay attention
the People's Republic of Mars because I won't see them on the table.

And I suspect people stick close to the GZGverse because it's less work.

That's we we see a lot of "It's the regular GZGverse except X", where X
is
"YANBAC" or "Yet Another New Confederacy" or adding a new planet or two
(Alarishi Empire, New Israeli, New Nepal, whatever).  Even then, many of
the new additions aren't what I would call overwhelmingly creative--and
again, that may be because it's easier to say "add New Dixie" instead of
"This is what happens when you add Rajput, Kikuyu, Uzbek and Tlingit
people
together"

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: [LST] Whoops RE: NAC - American style [LONG] Next: Re: [OT]Programming Language Nomenclature