Prev: Re: NAC - American style [LONG] Next: Re: SGII Question Armour and Cover

Re: SGII Question Armour and Cover

From: "Richard Kirke" <richardkirke@h...>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 15:25:46 +0000
Subject: Re: SGII Question Armour and Cover

Ok, I'd happily play it as an open shift and assume that that is a typo
in
the rulebook.

>b) I've always played with it as a closed shift--which means that D12
>PA wouldn't get any armor benefit from being in cover (although it's
>still harder to hit in the first place).

If it's a closed shift then as I understand the rules it would not be
that
they get no benefit, but rather could not be harmed. Have I
misunderstood
closed shifts?

>If you're going up against PA, you'll probably want to issue IAVRs to
>your troops.  And avoid close combat.

A good point. How would this be done?

6 soldiers each with IAVR fp D10
roll 6 x D10 + quality against range

potentially loads of casualties... at impact D12?
This seems a bit deadly to me.
Or should Impact D8 be used, given that they are AT rounds being fired
at a
dispersed target

IAVRs are not something I have ever gamed before.

Prev: Re: NAC - American style [LONG] Next: Re: SGII Question Armour and Cover