Prev: RE: [FH] Breaking News - Alien voices Next: Re: NAC - American style [LONG]

RE: NAC - American style [LONG]

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 14:08:17 +1100
Subject: RE: NAC - American style [LONG]

G'day,

Putting aside the whole if you don't like it play a different background
argument as said already.

> ...timeline in the book....is, "In Our Humble Opinion" broken.
> (Ie: it was missing some detail to support events and make things
happen
> that way.  Its important -- to us -- to show the "pivot points".  The
> places were history pivots from what we know or can figure out.  As it

> sits, the timeline dosen't show why the american general was doing
what
> he was doing.)

I think Jon left the pivot points out for a very good reason, so you can
write your own reasons. That's one of the greatest attractions for me,
what plausible events could lead to the "nodes" Jon has laid out. I
think I have as many different versions as I have had long plane flights
to US/Europe ;)

Turns out there's enough freedom in there to end up with almost any
permutation you like. For instance, using the NAC as the example of the
moment, I've toyed with versions that range from one where the NAC
becomes a fascist dictatorship and revolution is in the offing through
to another where after only a few decades the whole thing ends up as a
republic with an elected head of state. Given the weirdness of real
history just about anything is possible ;)

Cheers

Beth

Prev: RE: [FH] Breaking News - Alien voices Next: Re: NAC - American style [LONG]