Prev: Re: [FH] Breaking News - KraVak attacks in Sol System Next: Re: NAC - American style [LONG]

RE: [FH] Breaking News - KraVak attacks in Sol System

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 07:55:53 -0600
Subject: RE: [FH] Breaking News - KraVak attacks in Sol System

> Somehow I think they're probably alert enough to notice a large rock
> heading their way ;)

True, but, while I'm no scientist of any kind, and certainly not a
physicist/astronomer, everytime the discussion turns to 'we'll just
throw
some rocks', my limited understanding of orbital mechanics and the
masses
involved just rebels.

Given my abashed  respect and admiration for the folks usually involved
with such ideas, I  find I have to put forward alternate arguments to
quiet
that rebellion, while not getting involved with the actually analysis of
physics.

The point you mention was supposed to just  hang there, unmentioned.
;->=

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [FH] Breaking News - KraVak attacks in Sol System Next: Re: NAC - American style [LONG]