Prev: RE: [FH] Breaking News - KraVak attacks in Sol System Next: Re: Figs

RE: [FH] Breaking News - Margaritifer Now a Warzone

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 09:59:02 +1100
Subject: RE: [FH] Breaking News - Margaritifer Now a Warzone

G'day,

> Just a minor quibble: As far as I understand the word, "Exodus",
> whether the original Biblical one, or the post-WWII Exodus to Israel,
> are evacuations or flights, not really the start of a deliberate
> military operation. You could describe Dunkirk as an Exodus, but not
> the embarkation for D-Day.

I could proclaim that the english language has changed a lotin the next
200 years so the term has been softened (that has started here already
which is why I didn't pick up my own slip), but to be honest it was
because I was using the evacuation from Dunkirk as the germ for that
article... oops ;)

Cheers

Beth

Prev: RE: [FH] Breaking News - KraVak attacks in Sol System Next: Re: Figs