Prev: Re: NI stuff Next: Re: NI stuff

Re: OT New American Uniforms

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:50:42 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: OT New American Uniforms

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 ShldWulf@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/1/2005 2:51:23 PM Mountain Standard Time,
> dmaddox1@hot.rr.com writes:
> From what I can see only the USMC
> is still fighting earth bound........)
>
> They've a new pattern too. Very similar to the Army one that I've
seen.
> Predomiently green and darker colors.

That's MARPAT, which is a derivation of CADPAT, the Canadian Forces' new
(as of 1998ish) camo pattern.

It looks like all the US services are going digital, more or less.

Canadian Land Forces info here: (long URL, sorry)
http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/Chief_Land_Staff/Clothe_the_soldier/hab/1/1
3_e.asp

There are lots more photos on the Cdn Forces website; run a search for
CADPAT to find them.

It's nice to see the US is, once again, trying to catch up to Canada.
<large, evil grin> Actually, this stuff was a Canadian invention; the US
Marines worked with the CF on their MARPAT pattern.

These patterns are pretty easy to fake on miniatures - use a stiff brush
and stipple/drybrush over the basecoat, to get the ragged edges that the
fractal pixelization gives the real thing.

Brian
www.warbard.ca/games.html

Prev: Re: NI stuff Next: Re: NI stuff