Prev: [SG 2} Usin NI for NPC and Platoon options. Next: Re: looking for Modular Fighters?

Re: looking for Modular Fighters?

From: Jerry Cantrill <jwcantrill@e...>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 18:58:53 -0500
Subject: Re: looking for Modular Fighters?

Hi DOC Agren from a fellow Digest lurker.

Thomas had replied with the link to Jared Noble's page with his Modular
Fighter Rules. I was just going to note that they are pre-fleetbook.

We started with the info on this link and made a few adjustments for
fleetbook fighters.

In the Propulsion section we lowered the cost for Fast and Long-Range
Modules from 3 to 2. FB Fast and LR fighters are cheaper than in FT2.
We also lowered the cost for Fast/LR from 6 to 5.

In the Anti-Ship section we increased the cost of Attack and Torpedo by
1 each. His cost for them is low on this link page. These fighters cost
did not change for the fleetbooks.

The only change to the Efficiency ratings was for Limited Anti-Fighter.
We gave it an Eff = 1, and made "None" AF an Eff = 0, Cost = 0. This was

to conform to our house rule of Fighter Eff more that 5 to be invalid,
but no one built fighters that could not defend themselves.

We allow Fast/LR fighters which we refer to as Recon/Patrol. They use
Standard frame, Fast/LR engines, "None" Anti-ship, and Standard
Anti-fighter; these are "legal" for us Costing 6 per with Eff of 5.

The last addition we made was to add a Medium frame with Cost 1 and Eff
1. With the Heavy Frame having a defence against beams equal to level-2
screens in the Beta fighter rules; we made the Medium frame to be as
level-1 screens against beams. This will only come in effect if the die
is not DRM'd by a minus, as this makes the 4 a no hit already. But if
the beam die is unmodified or plus DRM'd then the extra cost (4 each
fighter) is a little protection. This modify is for BD's only, we do not

modify Scatterguns Anti-fighter, if you want to protect from them then
you must pay the full price for Heavy fighters.

-jerry

Prev: [SG 2} Usin NI for NPC and Platoon options. Next: Re: looking for Modular Fighters?