Prev: Re: [FT] Crew quality house rules Next: Re: [FT] Crew quality house rules

Re: [FT] Crew quality house rules

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 18:46:36 +0000
Subject: Re: [FT] Crew quality house rules

On Saturday 18 December 2004 05:26, Laserlight wrote:
> In June 03, I posted a suggestion for using Crew Quality in FT, and
> I've finally gotten around to putting it on the web.	This method does
> use d4, d6, d8 d10, d12, but does not use FMA-style opposed
> rolls--essentially it's just normal FT mechanics with different dice.
> If you've always wanted to pit Honour Harridan's cruiser against a
> Perp battleship, or the veteran Battlescar Galatika against several
> Crylon ships, this might be for you:
> http://home.quixnet.net/~deboe/ft/quality.htm

I've been thinking of ways to merge FT and roleplaying (so PCs from
say a Traveller or B5 game can crew ships, with combat resolution done
using FT).

The main mechanic I've played around with is weapon range - on the
thoery that a highly skilled character can target weapons better at
longer ranges, increasing their effectiveness. A high skill therefore
gives a reduction to effective range to targets.

I like your mechanics, though my two issues with it are that I like
high = good systems (they feel better), and that you'd need to keep
piles of dice of all types, not just d6 (which is the nasty real
world infringing on your nice theory).

--
Be seeing you,				   http://www.glendale.org.uk/
Sam.					jabber: samuel.penn@jabber.org

Prev: Re: [FT] Crew quality house rules Next: Re: [FT] Crew quality house rules