Prev: Re: [FT] Crew quality house rules Next: Re: [FT] Crew quality house rules

Re: [FT] Crew quality house rules

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 09:16:25 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Crew quality house rules

>I like the idea of doing crew quality stuff but what about the
technology?  All things being equal would a poor crew really misread
the dials and instruments so much to warrent a d10?

IMO all things won't be equal--take a look at some of the African
"navies" in Janes and you'll see that some of them can't even get
their ships away from the dock.

>Back when I played FT at least twice a year I tinkered with using the
Ace/Turkey thing to model crew quality figuring a +/- 1 would be more
than enough to get the effect on the table.

Just a +1 / -1 to the die roll, so a -1 crew will never get rerolls on
beams and a +1 crew will always hit with PTorps in the first 6mu?  Or
something else?  Curious to see how you did it.

Prev: Re: [FT] Crew quality house rules Next: Re: [FT] Crew quality house rules