Prev: Re: [FT] Tug/Tender Rule Question Next: RE: FT Dragons [Little Long]

Re: FT Dragons [Little Long]

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrathwiz@c...>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 19:58:44 -0500
Subject: Re: FT Dragons [Little Long]

Thomas Westbrook wrote:
> however, I am totally opposed to any psionic PSB entering the game
> period -- That's what I liked about FT in the first place was no
> psionics/tlelpathy etc.. Other Sci Fi backgrounds like BG, B5, ST, SW,

> Traveller . . . have psionic PBS and there are generally no bounds for

> it excet that it is "Morally wrong to do X" which doesn't really stop
> anybody.   the next thing will be 'dragon' players loading the up and
> enhancing on the psionics and blasting everything on the board before
> the game starts, so then what's the point of playing?

	That's the key, one generally *has* to put bounds on it.
	One has to do like they do in the Hero system RPG.
	You focus on *effects*, not *causes*.

	So in Hero, it doesn't matter if your power is
	a .45 automatic, a cosmic laser beam, a wind blast,
	or a psionic bolt.  The important part is that
	it does three dice of damage.

	The *effect* is three dice of damage.
	The *causes* are just window dressing and flavor.
	Change them to suit yourself.

	You see this in Full Thrust when you find
	scenario notes that weapon X does damage
	as a class 2 beam, weapon Y does damage
	as a MT missile, etc.

Prev: Re: [FT] Tug/Tender Rule Question Next: RE: FT Dragons [Little Long]