Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Freighters/Merchants question.... Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Freighters/Merchants question....

Re: [OFFICIAL] Freighters/Merchants question....

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:51:33 -0600
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Freighters/Merchants question....

> Material cost is trivial compared to safety of the contents and ease
> of handling.

Very much debatable; note, my bulk fuel transports were completed
on-site
from easily obtainable local materials. This was a huge assumption on my
part. It's plausible that moving the manufacturing equipment would be
far
more expensive than building the entire ship one place and transporting
the gas giant I envisioned.

Also, the pointed-cylinder fuel tank structure I'm using suggests that
you
use a size-limiting circular framework to assemble the tank in space.
Other
folks figure you'd put it together bit by bit in whatever shape you
want.

Did I mention it's still what you're seeing in your mind's eye, and what
you need to justify (model aircraft fuel tanks) that will shape your
PSB?

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Freighters/Merchants question.... Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Freighters/Merchants question....