Prev: RE: [OFFICIAL] Xenomorphs! Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Xenomorphs!

Re: [OFFICIAL] Freighters/Merchants question....

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:53:44 +0100 (CET)
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Freighters/Merchants question....

Grant A. Ladue schrieb:

>    I like the "modular freighter" idea that most people
>  have been tossing  about.  I would probably buy all of them below,
but I
> would look most forward  to the Colony Transport and Repair ship.
Other things
> I would like to see:

Here is another one:

The present exploration ship models are built around long-range sensors
for scanning deep space.

How about an exploration ship for close-up examination of planetary
systems, including landing operations ? Conceptually like the Caravels
of the Age of exploration, James Cook's endeavour or Star Trek's
Enterprise in purpose.

- A good sensor suite, though not as prominent as present research
minis
- Generous accomodation space for a large crew of scientists,
technicians, landing detachments (incl.armed roopers) and scientific
labs
- Cargo holds for vehicles, supplies etc.
- Docking points with several landing vessels (for atmospheric and
vacuum landings)
- Reasonable armament for self-defence

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: RE: [OFFICIAL] Xenomorphs! Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Xenomorphs!