Prev: RE: [FT] New Israel Alpha Test Ship Designs (Timeline) Next: RE: [FT] New Israel Alpha Test Ship Designs

RE: [FT] New Israel Alpha Test Ship Designs (Timeline)

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:30:28 +1100
Subject: RE: [FT] New Israel Alpha Test Ship Designs (Timeline)

G'day,

> Perhaps the 2126 event is a Jihadi splinter movement. Perhaps it's the
IC
> instead of the IF (though they may be more spatially separated).

On Nyrath's map the IC is close enough on the 2D plan, though a
reasonable distance away in the 3D plane. More importantly, in 2131 NI
mercs are hired by the IC so I would say its unlikely the IC are the
ones responsible for over running the colony in 2126 (tensions would
most likely to still be too high unless the NI is itself fairly faction
ridden at that time and the mercenaries are exceptionally pragmatic).

> I could see the ESU or the Romanovs, or the LLAR overrunning and
annexing
> the colony, but not destroying it.

Given the 2127 declaration by the NI it probably actually does make
sense to say it was an Islamic group, though I would probably switch
from a colony overrun to another terrorist attack of the nature of the
original one on Israel (or if you really want it to be a for sure IF
thing then make it a covert ops/suicide mission and NI/NAC or something
intelligence sources uncover undeniable evidence as to that link and
official sanction). That way you don't have to leap as many hurdles in
explaining how the IF managed to get large scale military forces there
and it would fit with the "upcoming" 100th anniversary (both from the
extremists wanting to mark the act and the NI feeling that nothing has
changed so they need to renew their declarations and step up their
operations). As to why they then hit IF bases rather than go on a
terrorist hunt (assuming you go with the terrorist idea not the
covert-ops one) that may well have developed from the practice today of
punishing nation st!
 ates for not reining in the actions of extremists from that nation.

> The 2173 Homeland war was something I wanted to 1) put a climax
> on NI-IF hostilities in pre-Fleetbook time, so that there was
> a groundwork for encounters in the "present," but not
> a hot war on top of the Xeno war, and 2) give NI a reason to ramp up
> it's military industrial complex to build its own fleet. The Homeland
> War clears out the motley assortment of secondhand and purchased NAC,
> NSL, and IJN elements and converted freighters.

I think just age would do a lot of clearing out and the relationship
with the NAC may be panning out such that (a) the NAC is asking for NI
military help given the pressures it finds itself under (like US calling
on allied support) or (b) the NI feels vulnerable as its old fleet hits
retirement age and the NAC finds itself stretched by the conflicts its
in so the NI decides that it better not rely on anyone but itself.

Anyway just a thought

Beth

Prev: RE: [FT] New Israel Alpha Test Ship Designs (Timeline) Next: RE: [FT] New Israel Alpha Test Ship Designs