Prev: [GZG Fiction News] Missing UNSC Cruiser Found Next: Re: [FT] New Israel Alpha Test Ship Designs

RE: [FT] New Israel Alpha Test Ship Designs

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:56:50 +1100
Subject: RE: [FT] New Israel Alpha Test Ship Designs

G'day,

> I'm especially interested in whether the fleet introduction years seem
logical
> (perhaps I should move some of them to sooner dates?), and if the
> NI-timeline interaction with other powers in the GZG-verse sound
> reasonable (naturally, the NI has allot to do with IF, for example).

A question on your timeline, really a question about the general GZG
timelines on the net. In the same way there seems to be a "and my colony
is a new Anglo-X breakaway society" tendency, why with all of space
available do the same enemies trip over each other as happens on Earth?
Why not unexpected new tensions? I can understand general tensions, but
with little padding it seems illogical (though maybe I'm being naive)
for

"2126	The colony on Tzfat (population ~50,000) is overwhelmed and
destroyed by IF forces."

Similarly why the sudden strike by IF in 2173?

I'm not saying chuck the idea altogether, the official timeline itself
indicates some degree of on going NI-IF tension, I think it would just
sit better with a little more explanation. Might also be nice to see the
NI but heads with some other power too at some point. On Nyrath's map
(assuming I'm not screwing up the third plane implications of the map)
the NI are neighbours with the ESU, NAC and the Swiss close up and then
the Romanov Hegemony and the LLAR before you run into the IF.

Cheers

Beth

Prev: [GZG Fiction News] Missing UNSC Cruiser Found Next: Re: [FT] New Israel Alpha Test Ship Designs