Prev: Re: New GZG 15mm Photos uploaded. Next: Re: My New Fleet

Re: My New Fleet

From: Frits Kuijlman <frits@k...>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 12:13:53 +0200
Subject: Re: My New Fleet

Grant A. Ladue wrote:
> Hmm, that reminds me.  Once I finish up my "regulation" UN fleet, I
want to
> build a few news SDN's.  One with a single fighter "pod" behind the
front
> section and another with two pods.  I'll have to figure some stats for
them.
> I was toying with saying that the extra length allows the main graser
to be a
> class 4.  I just need some class names for them.  What's bigger than
an SDN?
I still got some parts laying around for a SDN with two figher pods (I
am severely behind in building/painting). For stats I simply added the
two pods, added some PDS's and kept the hull/armor ratio the same. If
you want I can dig them up.

Such a beast needs some more propulsion, so I got 6 engines, 1
2-engine thingy and 2 4-engine thingies. The plan is to cut one
mounting point from each of the 4-engine thingies and turn them into
3-engine thingies, and then mount these in turn onto the 2-engine
thingy giving a total of 2x3=6 engines.
I still have my doubts about the look of this, so I am thinking of
scratchbuilding a 6-engine mounting thingy.

Frits

--
Frits Kuijlman					    frits2@cistron.nl
Delft, The Netherlands

Prev: Re: New GZG 15mm Photos uploaded. Next: Re: My New Fleet