Prev: Re: Possible New Minor Power - major upgrade (LONG) Next: RE: Possible New Minor Power - major upgrade (LONG)

RE: Possible New Minor Power - major upgrade (LONG)

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 15:31:44 -0500
Subject: RE: Possible New Minor Power - major upgrade (LONG)

"The following passages from St. Gregory the Great (Hom. 34, In Evang.)
will give us a clear idea of the view of the Church's doctors on the
point:
'We know on the authority of Scripture that there are nine orders of
angels, viz., Angels, Archangels, Virtues, Powers, Principalities,
Dominations, Throne, Cherubim and Seraphim.' "

Ok people, calm down.

There are at a minimum 13 different rankings of various angelic choirs
depending not only the religion, but the source within that religion.
That
doesn't address any of other various groupings such as the Sarim, the
Archons, the Malake Habbalah, the Angels of Hours, Days, Months, and
Seasons, the Hechaloth, etc.

Heck, don't even get me started on who exactly the archangels *are* -
there's 15+ different groupings listed.

If you want a cheap and definitive source full of names, choirs,
rankings,
etc buy _A Dictionary of Angels: Including the fallen angels_ by Gustav
Davidson. It's in paperback and well worth the nominal amount of cash.
You'll get Islamic, Christian, Persian, Jewish, Yezidic, Indian, &
Zoroastrian angels and explanations...

I hope this helps.

David A Rodemaker

Prev: Re: Possible New Minor Power - major upgrade (LONG) Next: RE: Possible New Minor Power - major upgrade (LONG)