Prev: Attachments, HTML, and Some Digest Replies Next: Re: Attachments, HTML, and Some Digest Replies

Re: Attachments, HTML, and Some Digest Replies

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 15:32:53 +0100
Subject: Re: Attachments, HTML, and Some Digest Replies

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 09:18:47AM -0500, Allan Goodall wrote:

>I can't speak for all of us receiving the digest, but I know I would
>appreciate it if folks could turn off sending HTML to the mailing list.
>know from past experience that most people don't know their e-mailer is

>doing it.

This is a standard policy on most mailing lists. There's some
information on how to configure many mail clients at:

http://www.expita.com/nomime.html#programs

>The proper way to handle attachments is the way Indy did with
>SpaceshipOne pics: post them to a web site and point a URL there. A
>number of us on the list have space that we would happily allow mailing

>list folks to use on a temporary basis, and there are a number of free
>web hosting companies out there.

This is also very convenient for those of us who use limited-bandwidth
connections.

Roger

Prev: Attachments, HTML, and Some Digest Replies Next: Re: Attachments, HTML, and Some Digest Replies