Prev: [FMAS][long] AAR: Initiative card draw Next: Re: Prioritizing targets in SG2

Prioritizing targets in SG2

From: "Mihail" <dmihail2@c...>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 04:57:48 -0700
Subject: Prioritizing targets in SG2

Hi List,

Long time lurker, but I rarely post.  Usually just don't have anything
to say.

I was just reading through the SG2 rules again tonight, particularly the
rules for prioritizing targets and how to more formally do it without
getting into arguments about which target is the biggest threat.
Forgive me if this has already been covered.  Basically, I assigned a
value to each condition Jon listed, weighted by what order it's listed
in.  You might need to put this on a card for quick reference, but here
it is (top priority to lowest):

target is:

activated, close by, and in the open
activated, close by, and in cover
activated, far away, and in the open
activated, far away, and in cover OR inactive, close by, and in the open
(attacker's choice)
inactive, close by, and in cover
inactive, far away, and in the open
inactive, far away, and in cover

The two big problems I see off the bat is my arbitrary assignment of
distance being more important than cover (done simply because it's
listed that way in the book) and not having a good definition of
distance.  How about:

1 range band is "close" and 2+ bands are "far" for untrained
up to 2 range bands are "close" and 3+ bands are "far" for green and
regular
up to 3 range bands are "close" and 4+ bands are "far" for veteran and
elite

If more than 1 target have the same priority, attacker chooses?

Just thought I'd throw this out there for a little feedback and in case
anyone is interested in trying it out.

Thanks.

Prev: [FMAS][long] AAR: Initiative card draw Next: Re: Prioritizing targets in SG2