Prev: Re: X-Prize Screen captures! Next: Re: Initiative - was RE: Piquet

Re: X-Prize Screen captures!

From: Inire <inire@y...>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:56:04 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: X-Prize Screen captures!

--- "Grant A. Ladue" <ladue@cse.Buffalo.EDU> wrote:

>    Actually to win the X Prize, they have to do two
> flights to the required
>  height within two weeks.  They may make the next
> run on Monday.
>    I'd feel a bit better about it if they hadn't had
> control problems on both
>  their flights so far.  Still, it's early and
> they're breaking new ground, so
>  teething problems are to be expected.  I imagine
> they'll be much better at
>  this in a couple of years.
>
>    Supposedly, there's going to be 50 million dollar
> prize offered to the first
>  group that can put up an orbital vehicle that can
> rendezvous with a structure
>  in orbit, return, and do it again within two weeks.
>  That will be cool.
>

>   grant
 the orbital prize will be very challenging, but I'm
psyched that the momentum appears to be around to try
it.

I'm also VERY interested in the nature of the
uncontrolled roll at the end there; 2 for 2 points to
something systemic and yet unanticipated in
aerodynamic tests up the respective launches.

=====
Jeff "My dice hate me!" Fearnow
Gaming to keep War out of RealTime!

"When you've caught dropsy and bum lice off a filthy pan-handle, I won't
like you anymore...And my blindness, scabs and noisy parasites will make
me unbearable!" - SGR 092004

XT350/DOD#1890

http://vote.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: X-Prize Screen captures! Next: Re: Initiative - was RE: Piquet